Memory sticks are popular devices which are used across the globe to carry Gigabytes of data. These devices are especially used for portable devices including mobile phones, digital cameras, music players, etc. The storage capacity of these devices ranges from MBs to 256GB. Memory sticks are useful for recording videos, saving various media files, etc. However, it is known fact that speed of electronic devices decreases after particular period of time, the efficiency of memory stick also decreases gradually. Majority of users never know why their memory stick is running slow and simply worry about its performance.
Many users think about their memory stick’s performance only when it takes too much time to copy a single file. There are many hidden reasons behind this type of unexpected behavior and still those users incapable to identify those reasons. This sort of incidence takes place when the device becomes full with files like photos, documents, excel sheets, APK files, etc. or else the data on the memory stick gets fragmented as a result of less storage space. Another key reason for this is, storage of large amount of data on memory stick and the data gets stored in fragmented form. Thus, it reduces the performance of the device. Are you facing this kind of problem? Is your memory stick consuming enough time to open any files and folders? Then just stay cool and be calm. Since, it is not difficult to improve the performance of memory stick by means of defrag drive utility.
The main intention behind memory stick fragmentation is to get rid of poor file management policy and other issues. Therefore, the end result is slow performance of memory stick. Many people believe that defragmentation process can reduce the life span of memory stick. Actually, it is not the case, it is the important feature of memory stick maintenance. But before proceeding towards memory stick defragmentation, it is necessary to know why to defrag memory stick. There are following points help you to understand the significance of memory stick defragmentation:
- To make files easily available for contiguous locations. When you defrag memory stick, segments of all data get stored on contiguous memory locations. Hence, OS easily reads files present on memory stick so, it saves your valuable time. After performing defragmentation, you can feel there is increase in device performance.
- In case you defrag memory stick, it enhances complete files recovery after files are deleted or lost either accidentally or intentionally. To know more tips to defrag memory stick, just refer this link: http://www.defragdrive.com/memory-stick.html
There are some below mentioned tips which you have to remember when you carry out defragmentation of memory stick:
- Uninstall unwanted software or programs
- Erase all unnecessary files which consume memory space on memory stick
- Remove all the temporary files by means of disk cleanup option to free up the storage space.
- Close all the apps and erase all unnecessary programs before starting the defragmentation process. Do not forget to do this, otherwise defrag process gets interrupted or might take enough time to complete the task.
Furthermore, by making use of this tool you can improve the speed of other storage devices such as external hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, FireWire drives, etc. It is an appreciated software to defrag memory stick, so even novice user can use it without any problem. You can use it on hard drives of types like SATA, IDE and SCSI of various manufacturing brands like Hitachi, Maxtor, Western Digital and Seagate. It is compatible with various OS such as Windows, Mac and Android.